Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

INSTANT MASHED POTATOES, Packaged Cake Mixes, FROZEN DINNERS

     
What do Instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, frozen dinners have to do with ANYTHING?
 Well I am here to tell you, it has everything to do with Laziness. We wonder why our society is LAZY? Well that right there is why. I have no problem with people being lazy at home, hell if you look up Lazy in the dictionary you may find a picture of me on my couch with my laptop in hand. We as a society have made it acceptable to be lazy. One thing I believe is unacceptable is laziness at work. I understand we all have off days/bad days, whatever you want to call them. We feel less motivated some days than others. Okay Understandable, but to go to work each day with the mindset that you will do nothing above what you have too, when did that become acceptable? I work in a restaurant , which I love, because I get to meet new people everyday and enjoy the work I do. You determine how much money you are going to make (assuming the business is there :) by the service you give. Now I believe team work is a MUST. I go to work to make money and I want my co-workers to do the same. So I am there to help them at any given opportunity. I will run food to their tables, refill drinks, whatever is needed. So in return I would expect that you would do the same. WRONG! (well not totally wrong because I do work with some great people) There is always at least one person during every shift, who  is there for THEMSELVES and only themselves. When they are not doing stuff that benefits them, they are holding a wall up. HEY GUESS WHAT, I think the wall is going to be A OK without you there. We all have to work with people like that no matter what our job is. Laziness is one of my biggest pet peeves. How do you deal with laziness in the work place? I need advice... I find it very hard to not get angry and just tell them exactly how I feel. Which is no good, just makes for a uncomfortable environment. 
   Instant mashed potatoes, packaged cake mixes, and frozen dinners are so convenient but convenience doesn't always produce the best results right?  Instant mashed potatoes are edible but are they as good as the real deal? NO didn't think so, So next time you want to take the easy way out of work, life, or dinner; think about the results. Convenience isn't always the right choice. Neither is Laziness. 
 Now I feel like I should do a load of laundry or something.
Til Next time!

(If you have any suggestion for blog ideas send them my way, what do you want to read about??)

No comments:

Post a Comment